Women AdvaNCe is an independent nonpartisan educational institute dedicated to improving the lives of North Carolina’s women and families by providing education and encouraging constructive public dialogue about progressive ideas and public policy initiatives.
We empower North Carolina women by creating a network charged with progressing social change. Our non-profit organization unites women to share their stories and help create a fair chance for every woman and every family.
To achieve that goal, Women AdvaNCe provides research, information and training to:
- Educate emerging women public leaders who have a firm commitment to reproductive health choices, empowering them to become powerful leaders who are effective in the democratic process.
- Impact the quantity and quality of media coverage of women’s issues; shape the debate on NC issues critical to women and their families; and, subsequently amplify the effect on a National level
- Develop bold new initiatives to benefit and support North Carolina’s women and their families
- Empower citizens to become better civic leaders and more informed voters by providing education and opportunities for public dialogue.
- Draw attention to regressive policies that are aimed at limiting women’s rights and negatively impacting their families.